Welcome to Praying For Lymies

*** Want to be featured? See this post that has the survey and instructions.*** (August 2011)

***
Leave a comment below their biography to post a prayer for a Lymie.

*** Please go to the
FAQ section to see some of the questions I have already been asked about the blog.

This is being hosted and monitored by Jennifer from Living the Lyme Life.

Friday, December 25, 2009

Charlene's biography

I'd like to introduce our next Lymie to you all. Charlene is a 39 year old from Indiana. She is currently diagnosed with Chronic Lyme Disease and Fibromyalgia.

Charlene was originally bitten by a tick in 1985, but wasn't diagnosed with Lyme Disease until 1986. At the time, the doctor told her mom that she needed to seek appropriate treatment. However they never found help or support groups. Since they weren't able find this help, she was never treated appropriately. However, she was put on antibiotics by her GP. This was only for a couple weeks at a time here and there. She finally became well enough to work part time and even that was a struggle for Charlene. She was always so sick, but she always pushed herself to continue. In May of 2007, Charlene was bitten again and had the classic bulls eye rash. The Lyme Disease became full blown and she has been bed-ridden since then.

Charlene has excruciating pain that is constant 24 hours a day 7 days a week. She has cardiac symptoms and often feels as if she is going to pass out. She has difficulty walking and has sore & achy muscles. Often feels constant flu like symptoms along with sharp stabbing and throbbing pain. The treatments she has endured have been unsuccessful.

She has exhausted all options that she can think of. Her prayers are that God will grant her the strength she needs to endure the battle at hand. On a personal note, I would like for you all to pray that Charlene can find a physician willing to treat her complicated condition. I won't go into detail about what she shared, but please pray for an open minded physician that can help her. She currently isn't on any treatment for LD.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are more than welcome to comment on any prayer message! I am monitoring all comments. If you want to be featured all you have to do is leave a separate comment with your contact email address and I will not "approve" the message with your email address in it. :o)

Lyme Prayer Chapel Admins

My photo
I am living my life. I've treated Lyme, Bartonella, Candida and Heavy Metal Poisoning. My symptoms were drastically improved after 2 years of treatment. I did well for a year or two and then started having a backslide in August of 2011. I've been seeing my doctor since March 1 2007. I have severe D defiency, but my Iron levels are now normal (after Iron infusions). I'm treating with oral antibiotics currently for Lyme, Bartonella and Babesia. I'm living life as full as I can with the skills that I have and the love I receive. My recent labs showed a very weak immune system and low Cortisol. So we're fighting to bring that back up. Some therapies I'm using are IV Vitamin C, HBOT treatments and herbal remedies plus yeast fighting medicines along with medicines to boost cortisol levels. I've not used the HBOT in a while, but I found it helpful. I'm on a load of oral antibiotics again because the herbal remedies alone were not effective enough. Living life as full as I can with the skills that I have and the love I receive!