Welcome to Praying For Lymies

*** Want to be featured? See this post that has the survey and instructions.*** (August 2011)

***
Leave a comment below their biography to post a prayer for a Lymie.

*** Please go to the
FAQ section to see some of the questions I have already been asked about the blog.

This is being hosted and monitored by Jennifer from Living the Lyme Life.

Monday, August 8, 2011

Welcome to Praying for Lymies!

Welcome to Praying for Lymies. It is with this blog that I hope to share with the world the difficulties we all face with Lyme Disease. I started this blog in March of 2009. It was my hope to feature one Lymie per week, however it quickly grew and things changed. In April, May, and June I had 138 posts (some were from me, some were from others). Then things slowed down. I only had a handful of posts each month the rest of 2009 and then only a handful of posts in 2010. I slowly stopped checking in to see if I had any new messages.

Then a couple of days ago, I saw the first button that Mrs. Dawson made for Praying for Lymies. It was the urging I needed to come back. I looked at the comments that needed moderating. I had a ton of spam messages, but there was ONE. One that asked to be featured. Now this person did not leave an email address for me to contact, but that one person made me realize that I missed the passion I put into this blog.

So if you have been featured in the past and want to have an update, please contact me via a comment and leave your email address so I can contact you. Here is the survey for updating:


  • Name
  • Age
  • Location
  • How have you improved?
  • What things have gotten worse?
  • Specific prayer request
  • Anything new you want to share?
  • (you can also answer any of the questions from the original survey if they didn't pertain to you the first time around and do this time around such as blog, family members with it?)
  • Would you like to use a photograph? If so please email it to me if we're not on FB together


Welcome back. Things have changed (the background for one!), but some things will remain the same. Here is what I wrote in my revitalizing the blog post.


1. All of the old biographies (and posts) will remain. If you come across any URL's that don't work, please let me know via a comment on that particular post. It's difficult to go through every post and find links that don't work. I may copy & paste some of the prayer posts into one post to make it easier for you all to go through the old posts.

2. Want to be featured? Leave a comment. Any ole comment will do, but please leave a way for me to contact you. If you don't, then I can't contact you. It's as simple as that. All comments are moderated so leave your email address for me to contact you. I will get back with you with a Questionaire. We'll connect on several different occasions to make sure that the biography is correct and then I'll set a date for it to be published.

3. First come, first served. I'll keep a list on the blog. Whoever returns the Questionnaire first, gets featured first. It's that simple. Where is the questionnaire? Look over to the left hand side and you'll see it. Otherwise you'll get it in your initial email contact with me.

4. NO MORE EMAILS! In the past I had utilized the "Email 2 Blog" function. I will no longer be utilizing this function. I was getting too many spam messages and very few actual messages. It was difficult to weed through so I decided that comments were better.

5. Want to leave a prayer for a lymie? Leave a comment at the end of their biography.


With revitalizing the blog, I thought it would be fun if I added pictures. So along with the Survey, I will ask if you would like your photo on the blog.

1. Survey for Original Biography


  • Name
  • Age
  • Location
  • Illnesses
  • Symptoms
  • Background
  • Treatment Plan
  • Do you have family members with it?
  • Specific prayer request
  • Do you have a blog? What's the website?
  • Would you like your photo posted with your biography?
  • Is there a Christian song that has special meaning to you?
  • Email address so I can contact you

Go ahead .. what are you waiting for? Leave a comment so you can be featured!

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. removed the comment b.c I accidentally approved it with your email address. So Sorry. :(

    ReplyDelete

You are more than welcome to comment on any prayer message! I am monitoring all comments. If you want to be featured all you have to do is leave a separate comment with your contact email address and I will not "approve" the message with your email address in it. :o)

Lyme Prayer Chapel Admins

My photo
I am living my life. I've treated Lyme, Bartonella, Candida and Heavy Metal Poisoning. My symptoms were drastically improved after 2 years of treatment. I did well for a year or two and then started having a backslide in August of 2011. I've been seeing my doctor since March 1 2007. I have severe D defiency, but my Iron levels are now normal (after Iron infusions). I'm treating with oral antibiotics currently for Lyme, Bartonella and Babesia. I'm living life as full as I can with the skills that I have and the love I receive. My recent labs showed a very weak immune system and low Cortisol. So we're fighting to bring that back up. Some therapies I'm using are IV Vitamin C, HBOT treatments and herbal remedies plus yeast fighting medicines along with medicines to boost cortisol levels. I've not used the HBOT in a while, but I found it helpful. I'm on a load of oral antibiotics again because the herbal remedies alone were not effective enough. Living life as full as I can with the skills that I have and the love I receive!