Welcome to Praying For Lymies

*** Want to be featured? See this post that has the survey and instructions.*** (August 2011)

***
Leave a comment below their biography to post a prayer for a Lymie.

*** Please go to the
FAQ section to see some of the questions I have already been asked about the blog.

This is being hosted and monitored by Jennifer from Living the Lyme Life.

Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Jennifer's Biography


It was too weird to write about myself in the third person ... so first person it is:

I am a 33 year old Lyme patient from North Carolina. I struggled with a mysterious illness for 12 years before getting a diagnosis of Lyme Disease. I have been under treatment for Lyme, Bartonella and Candida. Heavy Metals are also a concern. I have had two treatments for the Heavy Metals, but am waiting for a special supplement to arrive at my LLMD's to help with it so that I don't have to endure IV Chelation.

I consider myself quite lucky in the fact that I lead a fairly normal life. I work full time and in the last few months have had fairly good health. It's been over one year since I've taken one antibiotic. That in itself is quite a blessing. I had a PICC line in for almost 7 months for supplemental treatments. These supplemental treatments have given me my health back.

I am currently on a few supplements. These help keep the bacteria in check while boosting my immune system. I am not out of the woods yet and will find out tomorrow through a microscope study how I am doing with my spirochetes and lyme cysts. After two full years of treatment, I finally received a CDC IgM positive blood work. It was nice validation to receive after many have said, "Are you sure you have Lyme?"

We are almost positive that my husband also has Lyme Disease. He has not been tested as we are vastly aware of the inaccuracies of the testing, but he will also undergo his first microscope test tomorrow. We are praying that we get answers tomorrow for the both of us.

Please pray for my health to continue to head in the correct direction and that all of my Lyme friends get the same kind of results that I have seen. It's hard to believe how far I've come in the last two years. I still have some bad days. On those bad days, my symptoms include: headaches, tingling in my legs and arms, eye floaters, dizziness, bumps near my old picc line site, itching, difficulty thinking and swelling of my joints. There are others, but those are the most "irritating" symptoms.

On another front, my husband has a job interview today. It would be a "lateral move," but it's more of what he wants to do. So please pray that he gets this job. :o)

Thanks to all of you for not only praying for me, but praying for all of my Lymie friends. My prayers are that this place brings peace to all that are involved.

Please visit my personal blog to find out more about me, my journey and how I live the Lyme Life.

1 comment:

  1. Very well done =]
    I love reading about all the lymies featured!

    ReplyDelete

You are more than welcome to comment on any prayer message! I am monitoring all comments. If you want to be featured all you have to do is leave a separate comment with your contact email address and I will not "approve" the message with your email address in it. :o)

Lyme Prayer Chapel Admins

My photo
I am living my life. I've treated Lyme, Bartonella, Candida and Heavy Metal Poisoning. My symptoms were drastically improved after 2 years of treatment. I did well for a year or two and then started having a backslide in August of 2011. I've been seeing my doctor since March 1 2007. I have severe D defiency, but my Iron levels are now normal (after Iron infusions). I'm treating with oral antibiotics currently for Lyme, Bartonella and Babesia. I'm living life as full as I can with the skills that I have and the love I receive. My recent labs showed a very weak immune system and low Cortisol. So we're fighting to bring that back up. Some therapies I'm using are IV Vitamin C, HBOT treatments and herbal remedies plus yeast fighting medicines along with medicines to boost cortisol levels. I've not used the HBOT in a while, but I found it helpful. I'm on a load of oral antibiotics again because the herbal remedies alone were not effective enough. Living life as full as I can with the skills that I have and the love I receive!