Welcome to Praying For Lymies

*** Want to be featured? See this post that has the survey and instructions.*** (August 2011)

***
Leave a comment below their biography to post a prayer for a Lymie.

*** Please go to the
FAQ section to see some of the questions I have already been asked about the blog.

This is being hosted and monitored by Jennifer from Living the Lyme Life.

Monday, May 4, 2009

Shandy's Biography

Our Lyme friend Shandy is 26 years old from Massachusetts. Shandy is facing both Lyme Disease and Mycoplasma. She tested negative for all co-infections, but she could very well have both Bartonella and Babesia.

Shandy's mystery illness started she became pregnant with her daughter. Until her pregnancy, Shandy had been blessed with pretty good health. After she gave birth to her daughter, her health became worse. Shandy was bedridden and unable to take care of herself or her children.

Since no one knew what was wrong with her, her doctors gave her the labels of crazy, Postpartum and anxious. She could barely walk or get of bed to even go to the bathroom. After 14 months of researching day and night to find the cause of her sudden and mysterious illness, she finally got answers she was so desperately needing. Two years later, she is still mostly bedridden and home bound. However, Shandy is still fighting and has made improvements.

Shandy's biggest concern is her neurological symptoms. Those are the biggies that keep her bedridden and unable to function. This is where she would really like improvement. She's had constant brain pressure the last two years which makes it difficult to function. The dizziness and lightheadedness that plagues her daily. When Shandy does walk, she often veers to the left and feels unbalanced. She feels like the ground is uneven or like I am constantly on an elevator. Her body never feels steady or stable even if it appears so to the outside world.

Shandy feels a constant pain throughout her entire body and muscles. She feels disoriented, woozy, toxic, memory difficulty, word recall troubles, has blurry vision, floaters in both eyes and exertional malaise (even from very little activity such as walking to the bathroom). She experiences tachycardia of the heart and heart palpitations on a daily basis. These are only a few of her symptoms. All of these things cause depression, anxiety, fear, obsessive thoughts and paranoia.

Shandy's prayer needs are for her self, her children and her wonderful fiance. He has taken care of her every day since she mysteriously got sick. He has never once left her side, but as we all know ... the effects of watching the one you love sick just takes it's toll. He has the world on his shoulders right now and Shandy asks for the joy and hope to be let back into his heart. Shandy's fiance has sacrificed everything for her and this family and he deserves some major props.

Shandy's son also has Lyme Disease. Please pray for him so that he would be able to go back to school full time and to never have to deal with this again. Also for the trauma of seeing his mommy so sick to be lightened from his heart and mind. Prayers for everyone Shandy works with to be guided divinely to her proper treatment.

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Jennifer, You are so amazing for doing this for us! Much much love and thanks to you...

    Peace & Blessings
    Shandy

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so welcome Shandy. :o)

    ReplyDelete

You are more than welcome to comment on any prayer message! I am monitoring all comments. If you want to be featured all you have to do is leave a separate comment with your contact email address and I will not "approve" the message with your email address in it. :o)

Lyme Prayer Chapel Admins

My photo
I am living my life. I've treated Lyme, Bartonella, Candida and Heavy Metal Poisoning. My symptoms were drastically improved after 2 years of treatment. I did well for a year or two and then started having a backslide in August of 2011. I've been seeing my doctor since March 1 2007. I have severe D defiency, but my Iron levels are now normal (after Iron infusions). I'm treating with oral antibiotics currently for Lyme, Bartonella and Babesia. I'm living life as full as I can with the skills that I have and the love I receive. My recent labs showed a very weak immune system and low Cortisol. So we're fighting to bring that back up. Some therapies I'm using are IV Vitamin C, HBOT treatments and herbal remedies plus yeast fighting medicines along with medicines to boost cortisol levels. I've not used the HBOT in a while, but I found it helpful. I'm on a load of oral antibiotics again because the herbal remedies alone were not effective enough. Living life as full as I can with the skills that I have and the love I receive!