Welcome to Praying For Lymies

*** Want to be featured? See this post that has the survey and instructions.*** (August 2011)

***
Leave a comment below their biography to post a prayer for a Lymie.

*** Please go to the
FAQ section to see some of the questions I have already been asked about the blog.

This is being hosted and monitored by Jennifer from Living the Lyme Life.

Thursday, June 25, 2009

Candice Update

Remember Candice? Candice is doing rather poorly right now. She needs urgent prayers. Her Gastrointestinal Tract is a complete mess. She can only eat 5 foods and she is still in pain when she eats those. As you can imagine it gets quite boring eating the same 5 foods. So if anyone has suggestions on the following: Asparagus, Broccoli, Pears, Beans (e.g. Lentils), and sweet potato (but not Yams).

She is seeing a new doctor, but the treatments aren't helping yet and it has proven to be a hefty financial burden. Candice had applied for SSI and was hoping it would help with the financial things, but she received a letter recently that they denied her based on old medical records. These were all from a doctor that does not believe in Chronic Lyme Disease.

Candice still suffers from dizziness, profound fatigue, shortness of breath, malabsorption, irregular heart beat, head pressure and pain in her chest, left arm, upper back, lung and sinuses. With Frequent Gallbladder attacks, her weight is still not approving as is at a dismal 100 pounds at 5'7. Her white blood cells (eosinophils) keep rising and her blood pressure falls to 70/50. Candice has severe brain fog including occasional episodes where she is unable to read at all or process any form of information.

All of this leaves Candice feeling stressed, debilitated and sad. She had an appointment with Dr. H's ND (which will be 1400 dollars) on Tuesday. She is hoping that something will come of that appointment. She knows she has some big decisions to make, but doesn't know who to turn to or what kinds of treatment to take a stab at since her body can't handle what it's given.

*** I believe her new treatment plan includes using Tindamax ***

2 comments:

  1. "I am in pain and distress; may your salvation, O God, protect me.
    ... in your great love, O God, answer me with your sure salvation. Rescue me from the mire, do not let me sink... Answer me, O Lord, out of the goodness of your love; in your great mercy turn to me."
    Ps 69: 29, 13, 16
    Help Candice feel secure in Your love, Lord, even as she feels so weak and sick - renew her and restore her, so she can give praise to your mighty power.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your post really hit home with me. Please Candace if you are reading this e-mail me(if you want) at NWMonkeyGirl@yahoo.com. Your symptoms are exactly ones I've had and managed to get past, i.e. gall bladder attacks, food issues, gastro inflammation, super low blood pressure (I actually have passed out because of this).
    More than just a couple of things super concern me, the major one being the $1400/appointment price tag with this ND. I see three ND's (an ND actually was the one that discovered the Lyme) I've NEVER heard of costs that high, that is outrageous. Where do you live? Can you travel? We have a Lyme Support Group in my area and many of the members travel to different states to see their Lyme docs. At $1400 you could travel for less and see Lyme docs who have proven results. The most I've EVER paid to my main Lyme doctor(she's an ND too but works together with an MD) for the initial appointment (approx 3 hours long) was $450. Regular checkups are $75-150 depending on how long the appointment is. I hear about some (a few) Lyme doctors who really charge through the roof and it just feels like they are taking advantage of the sickest of the sick Lyme patients and it breaks my heart.

    I don't know your situation, however I can offers suggestions and guidance based on my own battle (still continuing) with Lyme, Babesia Duncan i, and Bartonella.

    You are not alone.

    ReplyDelete

You are more than welcome to comment on any prayer message! I am monitoring all comments. If you want to be featured all you have to do is leave a separate comment with your contact email address and I will not "approve" the message with your email address in it. :o)

Lyme Prayer Chapel Admins

My photo
I am living my life. I've treated Lyme, Bartonella, Candida and Heavy Metal Poisoning. My symptoms were drastically improved after 2 years of treatment. I did well for a year or two and then started having a backslide in August of 2011. I've been seeing my doctor since March 1 2007. I have severe D defiency, but my Iron levels are now normal (after Iron infusions). I'm treating with oral antibiotics currently for Lyme, Bartonella and Babesia. I'm living life as full as I can with the skills that I have and the love I receive. My recent labs showed a very weak immune system and low Cortisol. So we're fighting to bring that back up. Some therapies I'm using are IV Vitamin C, HBOT treatments and herbal remedies plus yeast fighting medicines along with medicines to boost cortisol levels. I've not used the HBOT in a while, but I found it helpful. I'm on a load of oral antibiotics again because the herbal remedies alone were not effective enough. Living life as full as I can with the skills that I have and the love I receive!