Welcome to Praying For Lymies

*** Want to be featured? See this post that has the survey and instructions.*** (August 2011)

***
Leave a comment below their biography to post a prayer for a Lymie.

*** Please go to the
FAQ section to see some of the questions I have already been asked about the blog.

This is being hosted and monitored by Jennifer from Living the Lyme Life.

Monday, June 1, 2009

Kayla's biography

Our featured Lymie today is 19 year old Kayla P. from Illinois. Kayla suffers from Lyme Disease and most likely a thyroid problem. Kayla's doctor isn't sure what else is going on with her body, but knows that it is more than Lyme and/or co-infections.

Kayla's symptoms range from day to day, even minute to minute. She goes through phases that consist of mild to severe symptoms. The symptoms that seem to stick with Kaylra are brain fog, trouble concentrating. and memory loss. She also has horrible insomnia, paralysis, leg weakness, fibro-like pain, achy joints, achy muscles, fatique, no energy for anything, nerve pain and more. In the past 5 1/2 years, Kayla has had seizures, both spacial and petty mal, and amnesiatic episodes.

Kayla has pretty much done it all from the hyperberic oxygen chamber, infared sauna, acupuncture, massage therapy, reflexology, not to mention the dozens upon dozens of vitamins, supplements, minerals, and tinctures she has endured and the numerous diet plans presented to her over the years.

Kayla chooses natural treatments, but has tried antibiotics a few times which always seem to fail. They aren't really sure what to do anymore, but are looking into hydrogen peroxide IVs and an alkeline diet. If that doesn't work, they are going to have to resort to the picc and triple antibiotics.

Kayla believes that her sister may have Lyme Disease, but testing doesn't prove anything. They are taking it easy with her and giving her some of the same natural supplements that Kayla takes just in case she does have it.

Kayla's biggest prayer request is to get out of bed. She has been stuck there since the beginning of November.


2 comments:

  1. Aw thank you so much!
    This means a lot to me =]
    Raising awareness is the only thing we can do right now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. *doh I just realized I forgot to link over to your blog. And also forgot to do the music for you. So when I get home this afternoon, my goal will be to finish this week's stuff for the blog.

    I usually do everything early and June creeped up on me!

    ReplyDelete

You are more than welcome to comment on any prayer message! I am monitoring all comments. If you want to be featured all you have to do is leave a separate comment with your contact email address and I will not "approve" the message with your email address in it. :o)

Lyme Prayer Chapel Admins

My photo
I am living my life. I've treated Lyme, Bartonella, Candida and Heavy Metal Poisoning. My symptoms were drastically improved after 2 years of treatment. I did well for a year or two and then started having a backslide in August of 2011. I've been seeing my doctor since March 1 2007. I have severe D defiency, but my Iron levels are now normal (after Iron infusions). I'm treating with oral antibiotics currently for Lyme, Bartonella and Babesia. I'm living life as full as I can with the skills that I have and the love I receive. My recent labs showed a very weak immune system and low Cortisol. So we're fighting to bring that back up. Some therapies I'm using are IV Vitamin C, HBOT treatments and herbal remedies plus yeast fighting medicines along with medicines to boost cortisol levels. I've not used the HBOT in a while, but I found it helpful. I'm on a load of oral antibiotics again because the herbal remedies alone were not effective enough. Living life as full as I can with the skills that I have and the love I receive!